Classes begin quarterly
Learn to Code With Our Online Coding Boot Camp
Only 12 or 24 Weeks to a New Career Path in Web Development
Web development is a fast-growing career track, and the Penn LPS Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized skills you need to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced, immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the full stack of skills needed to become proficient in front end and back end technologies, programming languages, and frameworks.
- Learn how to engineer full stack applications, write Node.js server code, MySQL, and connect back end technologies with the front end.
- Acquire the skills to optimize web applications for speed and efficiency: NoSQL databases, progressive web applications (PWAs), single-page applications with React.
- Create scalable web apps, APIs, and services.
- Dive into core Java and object oriented programming.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers and put your new skills into practice on complex projects.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from Penn LPS, demonstrating your achievements.
- Gain an edge in the field through our comprehensive career services, such as technical interview preparation, resume and social media support, portfolio reviews, coaching, soft skills training, and more to help launch or advance your career.
Whether you choose our 24-week, part-time program or our 12-week, immersive program, you’ll go through a challenging and rewarding experience. Through live sessions, extensive support, and collaboration with your peers, you’ll gain proficiency in the theory and application of web development.
As you embark on this journey, you’ll dive into a challenging curriculum and learn more than you thought was possible. With a dynamic environment and collaboration with other learners, you will get hands-on experience in full-stack web development.
Why apply to Penn LPS Coding Boot Camp?
Learning to code is an intensive undertaking. If you are craving to expand your knowledge and join the tech world, seeking to advance or change careers, and most importantly: ready to roll up your sleeves and work HARD…then the Penn LPS Coding Boot Camp could be right for you.
- Those looking to find a new career or company—or make the move from a non-technical position to a technical one.
- Those who are interested in freelancing to supplement their current income—or contribute in a bigger way in their current job.
- Those seeking to learn the skills to execute on an entrepreneurial idea and build their own product.
- Those with the ambition to grow in their knowledge or add to their skill set while in college.
Get Program Info
Learn In-Demand Coding Skills:
Our curriculum covers front-end and back-end technologies*, and you will complete the program with the skills needed to become a full-stack web developer:
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Server Side Development (MERN Stack, Progressive Web Applications)
- Deployment/Command-Line Fundamentals (Heroku, Git)
- API Interaction (API, JSON, AJAX)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)
- Supplemental Self-Study Topics (Python, Java, C#, Amazon Web Services)
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learners can complete the part-time coding program in 6 months (24 weeks), and the full-time program in 3 months (12 weeks).
No previous experience in programming is required. The pre-program tutorials will help you prepare for the Coding Boot Camp.
No, applicants do not need to be University of Pennsylvania students. Penn LPS Coding Boot Camp is open to all applicants 18 or older with a GED or higher.
- 24-week program
- Live online classes conveniently held weekday evenings and on Saturdays
- 12-week program
- Live online class sessions are held Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Full-Time: November 29, 2021
- Part-Time: November 16, 2021
- Part-Time: November 30, 2021
» Data Science:
- Part-Time: December 7, 2021
- Part-Time: January 31, 2022
- Part-Time: November 8, 2021
- Part-Time: October 18, 2021
- Part-Time: October 26, 2021
Get Program Info
Learn More About Coding Boot Camps
What is an online coding bootcamp?
These days, flexibility and convenience are integral parts of our everyday lives. Online coding bootcamps offer just that. As the name implies, these fast-paced programs are designed around a structured curriculum that covers the fundamental topics individuals need to know to enter the field of web development. Because you can study remotely from anywhere, you can continue to balance your personal and professional commitments, advance or supplement your current skill set, or embark on a completely new career path that aligns with your interests.
Are coding bootcamps meant for beginners?
Steve Jobs famously said, “Everyone in this country should learn how to program because it teaches you how to think.” Regardless of your age or professional expertise, coding skills are universal and bootcamps offer the opportunity to dive into the field — no matter where you are in life. For beginners, the end goal might seem a long way away but through hard work, ongoing support, and a variety of available resources, our bootcamp team is here to assist you every step of the way.
Are coding certifications or certificates of completion worth it?
In 2020, coding bootcamp learners reported an average salary of about $69,079, with 79% stating they landed a job where they use the skills gained from their program, Course Report data shows. The credential you earn not only showcases your knowledge and abilities to employers but it also demonstrates your true passion for what you do.
What makes Penn LPS’s coding bootcamp different from other Pennsylvania-based coding bootcamps?
We understand that time is a significant factor in reaching your professional goals. Both our part-time and full-time coding programs are offered virtually in a dynamic format that encourages collaboration with your instructional staff and peers. Our comprehensive curriculum is built around extensive market research covering the most in-demand technologies specific to the market. Every week, our bootcamp team helps you navigate through the program material and provides a wide range of career services delivered by a dedicated professional development team focused on preparing you to successfully step into the web development field.
How do I get a job after a coding boot camp?
Investing in your future is a big decision, that’s why coding bootcamps offer a multitude of resources to help learners enter the job market. You can expect to receive technical interview training, resume and social media profile support, one-on-one career coaching, industry workshops, salary negotiation tips, virtual networking events, and more. The professional development assistance offered through the program will provide career and job relevant resources, tools, training, and recruiting opportunities to help you kickstart your career.