Classes begin quarterly
Learn Data Analysis in 24 Weeks
At Penn Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp, we are committed to preparing our learners for success. With the rise of data in today’s economy, our program focuses on teaching participants the practical and technical skills needed to analyze and solve complex data problems.
Is This Data Analysis Boot Camp Right for You?
The world of data is ever-evolving and it’s not showing signs of slowing down. Thinking about a career switch, advancing your current skill set, or looking for a new challenge? Wherever you may be in life, Penn Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp could be the right fit for you if:
- You’re interested in uncovering valuable insights from data and utilizing visualization tools to support an organization’s business decisions.
- You’re currently a student eager to delve into the data field with the hopes of developing your knowledge base and learning new skills.
- You’re a top-level manager or executive working in a business that could benefit from the addition of utilizing data analysis to make smarter decisions.
- You’re already a data professional in the field with experience but would like to strengthen and improve on your current skill set.
- You’d like to transition careers and are seeking to change professional paths by diving into a new data analyst role.
- You’re looking for a flexible schedule to embark on your learning journey — one that is cognizant of your personal commitments and willing to support you.
- You’re wanting to expand your understanding of data analysis and delve into a comprehensive curriculum covering a wide range of in-demand technologies.
- You’re searching for a group of passionate and encouraging individuals who are determined to help each learner succeed and reach their professional goals.
Get Program Info
In-Demand Analysis Skills You’ll Gain:
Throughout the boot camp, you’ll not only learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers on complex projects. You will also have the opportunity to build a comprehensive portfolio along the way, giving you the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum will dive into the foundational skills for data analytics and visualization, including:
- Pivot tables
- VBA scripting
- Python 3
- API interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front end web visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business intelligence software
- R programming
- Big data analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised machine learning
- Unsupervised machine learning
- Deep learning
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Why Learn Data Analysis and Visualization?
At the beginning of 2020, the number of bytes in the digital universe was 40 times larger than the number of stars in the observable universe, according to the World Economic Forum. Not only are we consuming more information than ever before, but we’re also producing just as much new data — if not more — at the same time. This vast amount of data leaves virtual footprints noting our online preferences and behaviors that tell unique stories, and businesses require individuals who can make sense of this new information using thorough problem solving and communication skills.
That’s where data analysis comes in — bringing with it the ability to solve large-scale problems, support efficient decision-making, and drive profitable business strategies across various industries including healthcare, financial services, real estate, manufacturing, and more. Before data professionals can curate thousands or millions of rows of data and condense it into accessible reports, they first need to collect, clean, and interpret it through advanced algorithms and data mining tools. Without these skilled individuals, the majority of data would remain disorganized and deliver inaccurate findings.
What about data visualization? Although analysis and visualization have data in common, the latter focuses on representing information through digestible visualizations like tables, charts, and graphs that clearly display notable patterns and trends. Being able to communicate a thoughtful story that stakeholders can understand is invaluable in any business. By learning to better convey your findings across impactful visuals — through interactive dashboards or informative scatter plots — the more effectively you can direct successful business outcomes.
To put it simply, data analysis gives you the complete summary, while data visualization provides the findings in a clear format information gathered. Although their focal points differ, they complement each other in the best possible way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in Penn Boot Camps. Prospective learners first fill out our contact form or call to speak with admissions, which is followed by an initial phone interview with an advisor. Those recommended to move forward take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment prior to formal enrollment.
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.
No, applicants to the Penn Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp do not need to be University of Pennsylvania students to apply.
Part-Time Data Analysis Boot Camp
- 24-week program
- Convenient evening and weekend classes
- Full-Time: August 30, 2021
- Part-Time: August 23, 2021
- Part-Time: August 18, 2021
- Part-Time: September 13, 2021
- Part-Time: September 21, 2021
- Part-Time: August 3, 2021
- Part-Time: September 1, 2021
- Part-Time: October 26, 2021