Classes begin quarterly
Learn Data Analysis in 24 Weeks
At Penn Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp, we are committed to preparing our learners for success. With the rise of data in today’s economy, our program focuses on teaching participants the practical and technical skills needed to analyze and solve complex data problems.
Is this program for you?
Do you want to be part of the data revolution? Are you creative, curious, ambitious—and most of all hard working? If yes, or if any of the following describe you, we think Penn Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp just might be the opportunity you’re looking for:
- You are currently a professional working with data, but are looking to advance your career by building technical skills.
- You are a manager or professional in a business where data can be used to boost your company’s bottom line.
- You have interests in visualizing social, consumer, or popular trends.
- You are looking to enter a new field—healthcare, government, or media, for example—and are looking for a way to jump in.
- You are a student, hungry to learn more and expand your skill set.
You’ll learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers on complex projects. Not only that, but you will also build a comprehensive portfolio along the way, giving you the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum will dive into the foundational skills for data analytics and visualization, including:
- Pivot tables
- VBA scripting
- Python 3
- API interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front end web visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business intelligence software
- R programming
- Big data analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised machine learning
- Unsupervised machine learning
- Deep learning
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in Penn Boot Camps. Prospective learners first fill out our contact form or call to speak with admissions, which is followed by an initial phone interview with an advisor. Those recommended to move forward take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment prior to formal enrollment.
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.
No, applicants to the Penn Data Analysis and Visualization Boot Camp do not need to be University of Pennsylvania students to apply.
Part-Time Data Analysis Boot Camp
- 24-week program
- Convenient evening and weekend classes