Find a Career You Love
At Penn LPS Boot Camps, you are supported by a dedicated career services team of experienced professionals consisting of a Career Director and Profile Coach. Collectively, they will prepare you to be “employer competitive” through a series of career readiness milestones throughout each session.
Although we prepare you to be employer competitive upon program completion, building a career is hard work and can only be done by you.
Empowerment is Key
We know that in order to achieve real results, it’s up to you to give it your all. That’s why our Career Services team is focused on empowering you to use your skills and talent to find the job that is right for you. We can’t do the heavy lifting for you, but we can prepare, guide, and encourage you as you put your best foot forward to land that dream job. Through dedication and perseverance, we have watched our learners go on to do great things.
The Career Services team will help you build the job-search skills you need. Throughout the program, we will provide you with all of the tools to become Employer Competitive and stand out in the market. We will get you ready to meet employers and ensure you are marketable through a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director who will work with you throughout the program. While we cannot do the work for you, we are here to amplify your efforts.
- A member of our Profile Coach Team will provide you with individualized feedback on job search materials such as your resume, GitHub, portfolio, and LinkedIn account.
- The Career Director will help you navigate the job search process. They will begin hosting open office hours shortly after the start of the program. As program completion approaches, Career Directors begin more frequent one-on-one meetings with you to discuss goals and to prepare you for the job search.
In addition to one-on-one career assistance, you will receive resume and social media profile support, portfolio reviews, opportunities for mock interviews, and more.
Employer Ready vs Employer Competitive
We have talked with hundreds of employers, and we know exactly what employers are looking for in top candidates. These conversations have led us to identify a difference between being Employer Ready and Employer Competitive.
Employer Ready: An employer ready candidate has completed the minimum of what is expected to enter into a typical job application process. This candidate has strong professional materials, yet struggles to make it past the screening stage of most job application processes.
Employer Competitive: An employer competitive candidate has positioned themselves for success through networking, company research, excellent professional materials, and a strong demonstration of their commitment to ongoing learning. These candidates are proactively seeking and pursuing the jobs that they want with effective outreach and follow-up strategies.
- Going from Employer Ready to Employer Competitive
- Build Your Visibility
- Creating Professional Materials
- Polish Your Portfolio and Create a Professional Blog
- Preparing for a Successful Interview
- Finalize Job Search Materials